Palo Alto Software has been actively involved in the SBDC world for 20+ years. LivePlan, our flagship software, was designed to help the types of clients whom SBDCs work with on a regular basis. It is an effective way to help small businesses pitch to investors, write a bullet-proof business plan, and keep track of as well as be able to forecast financials.
The goal of this competition is to familiarize SBDCs nationwide, with the LivePlan software and the “lean planning” approach while also giving them the opportunity to win over $20,000 in cash and prizes to help further office goals and reach.
Along the way, Palo Alto Software will provide free webinars that include small business tips and advice on the most effective ways to use LivePlan with your clients (you can register below).
How to Enter:
- To ensure you are eligible for the competition, participants are required to complete and submit the “Pitch Page” feature on LivePlan. Most offices have redeemed the 3 free LivePlan licenses donated by Palo Alto Software, but if yours has not, email LivePlan at firstname.lastname@example.org to get set-up.
- Once you have completed the Pitch Page, publish your pitch, and copy the URL into this submission form. For help publishing your page, see the images below.
Note: If you make any changes to your page after submission simply click the “Update it now” button on the Pitch page and it will automatically update the URL/link.
How to publish your page:
Submissions will be judged based on:
- Completeness of entry
- Quality and clarity of communication
- Perceived feasibility of forecast elements
- Strength of communication of the unique challenges and solutions
- Clarity of plan to improve local small businesses
- Individual appeal of final Pitch product (to judges panel)
Calendar of Events:
July 16 – Webinar #1: “Learn how to create a 1-page business plan (the Pitch) in under and hour” – REGISTER NOW
Aug 6 – Webinar #2: “Learn how to create a 1-page business plan (the Pitch) in under and hour” – REGISTER NOW
Aug 22 – ENTRY DEADLINE (Midnight) | Submit Pitch page
Sep 10 – Winners announced at America’s SBDC Conference in Texas
- $2000 cash from Palo Alto Software ($2000 value)
- Free America’s SBDC conference registration for the 2015 conference in San Francisco + 3 free nights at hotel ($1300 value)
- Adoption by PAS for one year including 4 free 1-hour live short courses (1/quarter) for counselors and/or clients ($4000 value)
- Free website and SEO consultation ($750 value)
- 20 free annual LivePlan accounts to give away to clients ($2800 value)
- 5 free incorporation packages from LegalZoom ($2000 value)
- A hosted pitch competition for your office, region, or state in 2015 ($5000 value)
- A custom infographic depicting the office, region, or state’s impact on the local economy, published on Bplans.com & potential PR channels – in 2015 (see sample done for SBDC Coos bay/North Bend) ($2500 value)
- Media release announcing the winner in the winner’s own region ($1000 value)
Tim Berry – Founder and President, Palo Alto Software
Charles “Tee” Rowe – President and CEO, America’s SBDC
Sabrina Parsons – CEO, Palo Alto Software
The first webinar will be held on Wednesday, July 16th from 10:00AM to 11:00AM PDT. To register and learn how to prepare your pitch, follow this link.