— Jerry Almonte (@sYzYgY31415) June 17, 2014
Every Tuesday from 12 p.m. – 1 p.m. EDT, small business owners, entrepreneurs, startups and industry experts gather from around the world to discuss the topics and questions that can help businesses be more successful.
Our recent #LivePlanChat was inspired by our friends at FreshBooks, who help businesses send invoices, track time, and capture expenses. Our chat centered around the topic of “Billing Your Customers.” Here are the #LivePlanChat questions we discussed:
- What are the most common mistakes businesses make when billing their customer?
- What are the terms on an invoice, and should I use them?
- What type of payment should I collect: Check, money order, wire transfer, or credit card?
- Should I bill an international customer in their currency or mine?
- How long should I wait before contacting a customer about a missed payment?
- How can I make the billing process easier for my customers?