Have an idea for a business? Enter the Student Pitch Competition. Over $5,000 in cash and prizes are available to fund education and/or venture success.
Palo Alto Software has been actively involved in business planning and supporting business success for 25+ years. LivePlan was designed to help businesses succeed and grow faster through creating a plan that is used for business strategy as a living document. LivePlan is an effective way to help small businesses pitch to investors, write a bullet-proof business plan, and keep track of as well as be able to forecast financials.
The goal of this competition is to engage all Lock Haven University student entrants in an invigorating, exciting, and memorable event that helps their educational goals. It will drive engagement from new and existing students, community members, and local supporters of small businesses as they learn about how to increase effectiveness through cloud-based collaboration tools. Participants will use the newest business pitching and planning software, LivePlan, to produce actionable/trackable business pitches that can be used in future learning and beyond the classroom. Each entrant will use the LivePlan software and the “lean planning” approach while also giving them the opportunity to win over $5,000 in cash and prizes to help further their higher education and/or business success.
How to Enter:
- To be eligible, entrants need to be current students at Lock Haven University. The competition is open to both undergraduates and graduate students in any major and entrants can be either full time or part-time students. To enter the competition, participants are required to complete and submit the “Pitch Page” feature on LivePlan.
- Sign up for a LivePlan account here.
- Once you have completed the Pitch Page, publish your pitch, and copy the URL into this submission form. For help publishing your page, see the images below.
Note: If you make any changes to your page after submission simply click the “Update it now” button on the Pitch page and it will automatically update the URL/link.
How to publish your page: https://help.paloalto.com/hc/en-us/articles/115004580807-Publishing-your-Pitch-as-a-web-page
Submissions will be judged based on:
- Video of their pitch
- PASSHE venture profile criteria method
- Individual appeal of final Pitch product (to judges panel)
Calendar of Events:
- Sept 21st – Request registration form Dr. Gérard Martorell at firstname.lastname@example.org
- (Registration comes with a three-month free subscription to LivePlan Online Business Plan software)
- Oct 26th – Submit venture profile in the web-based LivePlan software
- Nov 9th – Submit video pitch
- Nov 16th – Notify finalists
- Nov 30th – Hold live event at LHU for finalists to pitch to a judging panel of business professionals
- Dec 3rd – Notify winners (via email)
- Dec 7th – Award Prizes
3 Winner Placements: Best Business Pitch, 1st Runner-up Business Pitch, 2nd Runner-up Business Pitch
- $5,000 cash (1st – $2,500, 2nd – $1,500, 3rd – $1000)
- Judges Honorable Mention Award – most likely to launch a business (free LivePlan account for 1 year)
- Media release announcing winners including pitch concepts throughout the region
- Sabrina Parsons – CEO, Palo Alto Software
- Peter Thorsson – Director of Business Development, Palo Alto Software
- Josh Fegles – Director of Academic and Government Channel Sales, Palo Alto Software
- Tim Keohane – Center Director, Lock Haven Small Business Development Center
Lead Sponsors Include:
Mr. Stephen Poorman
Event held in partnership with:
For information, contact Dr. Gérard Martorell at email@example.com