#LivePlanChat Twitter Preview: Billing Your Customer
We’d like to invite you to join the LivePlan team for our #LivePlanChat on Twitter, every Tuesday from 12 – 1 p.m. EDT, where we discuss topics and questions that matter to small business owners and entrepreneurs. You can think of the #LivePlanChat as a free one-hour group chat with an industry expert who can give you advice on how to improve your small business!
Our Twitter chat is held directly on Twitter, hosted by @LivePlan. To participate in the discussion, add the #LivePlanChat hashtag to your tweets and respond with “A1” to respond to question 1, “A2” for question 2, etc. Additionally, the top chat contributor will win a $10 lunch gift-card on us.
This week’s #LivePlanChat is inspired by our friends at FreshBooks, who help businesses send invoices, track time, and capture expenses. Our chat topic this week will be “Billing Your Customers.” Here are the questions we’re going to cover:
- What are the most common mistakes businesses make when billing their customer?
- What are the terms on an invoice, and should I use them?
- What type of payment should I collect: Check, money order, wire transfer, or credit card?
- Should I bill an international customer in their currency or mine?
- How long should I wait before contacting a customer about a missed payment?
- How can I make the billing process easier for my customers?
Do you have a question to add to the conversation? Post it in the comments below!
Are you planning to join our #LivePlanChat this Tuesday from 12 – 1 p.m. EDT?
Use the form below to RSVP, and follow us on twitter to get reminders about the chat.